MANAGEMENT TRAINEE/ Executive Assistant
Nhằm chuẩn bị cho giai đoạn phát triển mới, VABA tìm kiếm các ứng viên năng động, sáng tạo, nhiệt tình, có đầu óc tổ chức và có khả năng lãnh đạo cho vị trí Administrative/Marketing Assistant tại VABA, San Jose/Oakland, California.
This is a full time permanent position with health benefits. Salary based on experience. Reward based on performance and contributions to VABA’s goals, and exciting opportunities for growth within VABA are waiting for the best candidates.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Executive Assistant plays a key role in supporting the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
PRINCIPLE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Assists the VABA Executive Directors through meeting scheduling, coordinating travel arrangement, agenda preparation, meeting summaries, producing letters of support on behalf of the VABA, and responding to requests from public officials, members, partners, press and VABA staff
Assists the VABA Executive Director in general office management, maintains and coordinates staff calendars, prepares expense vouchers, internal and external communications, distributes incoming correspondence including mails, faxes and emails, and materials/documents, VABA news/announcement to appropriate parties
Creates and maintains a variety of paper and electronic files and records, and assist with conducting research, tracking information, data gathering and data entry, and prepare various statistical summary reports
Performs front desk duties, administrative functions and special projects as assigned
Provides supports for all aspects of VABA’s events, assists in mailing thousands of invitations and serves as point of contact for participants. Works in close collaboration with the Development Department in organizing event and event materials, registering and seating over 1000 guests with 100% accuracy. Supports all event follow up, including data entry and production of personalized thank you letter
Manages all grants, donations and sponsorship and administers the acknowledgment process. Assists in developing and realizing potential members and partners, and fund raising activities
Assists in preparing letters, newsletter, press release and translating between Vietnamese or English
Provides other supports as requested by Marketing Department
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as executive administrative assistant or business development assistant
- Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, discretion and tact
- Self-starter with strong independent judgment and problem solving abilities, and to stay focused under pressure
- Model professional presentation/behavior, exercising discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to write and edit communications in Vietnamese and English is a MUST
- Comfortable speaking in public and approaching new customers
- Ability to research, plan, organize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Experience in event planning and execution. Meticulous attention to detail and ability to master new tasks quickly
- A.A Degree in relevant field. Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Microsoft Office skills, mail merge function in Word, Excel skills and PowerPoint
This position reports to the Executive Director and Marketing Director. Job requires flexibility during working hours such as weekends, holidays, or whenever the VABA organizes the event, and also requires some business travels, within the U.S.A, to North America and other countries.
Please email your Resume to: